Tuesday, November 3, 2015

At the End: Stations of the Cross





At the End, 13th.  At the beginning: 14th 

Stations of the Cross:  

Her tears ran down her cheeks//Because she had none
to comfort her

Thirteenth station: -the body of Jesus is laid in the arms of his mother
                                      Reader: We adore you oh Christ and we bless you
                                      Mother: Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.
                       


Because I want  
his absence beatified I want it
to prove miracles.  I want his limbs
his limbs! to sprint, I want his hands
his hands! to hold my hand.  I! want! Him! Alive!
Not not be.  Not this wet dredge.  Not this,
this ... I want. I want...

Do you have something other than this
my gut on my tongue?  I want
Goddamn I want him back, alive to me back I want him instead, 
           
instead! of Jesus God Mary
instead of sin I want
noise his noise I want scabs
his scabs, sweat his sweat I want
it all on my lips I want
not these stiff white beads I want
his knuckles under my thumb, his sitting on my lap (he wasn't too big
for that) I want               GOD
before they float away with him float away with him I want him.

Fourteenth: - Jesus is laid in the tomb
                                                Reader: We Adore you O Christ and we bless you:
                                                People: Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.
             



No comments:

Post a Comment